This error has ben known to affect Pervasive Workgroup Engine v11 and V12 on Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
This error occurs when you try to apply the Pervasive Workgroup License keys into the Pervasive License Administrator and you are either logging into Windows as a non administrative user (not a local or network Administrator) on a Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 machine.
This error also occurs on Windows Vista and up if Windows opens without a login screen.
1. Make sure you are logged into the computer as Local Administrator.
2. Shut down the Workgroup Engine (w3dbsmgr.exe) You may need to find it through Task Manager and shut it down from there.
3. Run the Workgroup Engine as Administrator - Find (search for) w3dbsmgr.exe, right click on it and run as administrator.
4. Start the Pervasive / Actian License Administrator as Administrator - Find in the start menu, right click and run as administrator.
5. Enter the license key/s and hit Authorize or Apply.
License code should have authorized.