Equinox Pinpad Setup
SETTING UP THE DEVICE TO USE USB/SERIAL COMMUNICATION:
1. Start the pinpad and click 'Setup' button on startup screen using your device pen.
2. Type password shipped with your device and click Enter.
a. default password is "MULTILANE" on the touch screen or "685845263" on the key pad.
3. Click 'Setup' button on Main Menu
4. Click on 'ECR Port' Button
5. SElect USB if device is connected to USB port on the computer. Select Serial Line if connected on Serial
6. Click Apply Now button
7. Click Exit button
8. Click Utility button
9. Click Restart button
INSTALLING THE DRIVERS:
DO NOT PLUG THE DEVICE TO THE COMPUTER UNTIL ALL DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED AND DEVICE IS CONFIGURED
Drivers can be downloaded from here: ftp://ftp.windward-ca.com/pub/mercurypay/Equinox_L5000_USB_Driver.zip
Installing device drivers on Computer:
1. Unzip the downloaded program, Plug in the USB and allow the driver to update from the unzipped folder.
3. Restart Computer
4. Plug the device to the computer. If both installation were successful your device should be detected and you will see a Hypercom L5xxx Terminal(COM5) on the Device manager ports.
Hypercom L5000 driver failed to install Gaget Serial v2.4:
If the Hypercom device driver (Install.bat) didn`t install properly, ti can be updated manually.
1. Select Gadget Serial V2.4
2. On the top menu, click Action and Update Driver Software
3. Select Brows my computer for driver software
4. Select Browse under Search for driver software in this location and point to the location where the 01-L5000 Serial Driver for your operating system is location and click next.
Note: Please remember that after the upgrade, the COM port on Device manager should be 20 or below. If it goes to COM21 and above, it will not work.