Step 1. Set up the Tax # 3 to the appropriate levy values.
1. Click on the Tax 3 Tab and click to Add a New Tax Line
2. Click to Add the Effective Date this Levy will take effect
3. Enter the Name TIRE LEVY
4. Enter the PER TIRE Levy, eg. $5.00
5. Enter the General Ledger Number that will accrue the levied charges, Note that the Ledger 2 is not usually necessary as there are no credits from the supplier.
6. Enter the F for a Fixed Charge per Sales Unit
7. Click to enter if this levy is Taxed and enter the Check Boxes as necessary
8. Enter Y or N as to whether a Tax is Included or Not Included on this Levy
Step 2. Settings for the Part # or SKU of a Single Tire
1. Select the Taxes tab
2. Check the Tire Levy $5.00 check box to enable this Part/SKU
3. Now, when you Sell this Tire, the Tire Levy will be added.
Step 3. The Tire Tax on Invoice
Step 2. Set the # of Tires that will be subject to a Tire Levy 1. Click on the Tire Levy line
2. Enter the # of Tires on this unit
1. Set the options from the Date Range list dropdown Selection of Periods to include
2. Check the Cash Invoices and A/R Invoices check boxes.
3. Check the Tire Levy option by clicking on the x to change it to a +
4. Check the box to display Subtype names
5. Check to display ALL Subtypes, or optionally the ones below
6. Click View to show the report